SHANMUGAM IAS ACADEMY
1. Who is the new Deputy Governor of RBI? N.S.Vishwanathan (Former Executive Director, RBI)
2. Which bank introduces “Software Robotics” ? ICICI
3. Who is Acharya BalaKrishna? CEO of Pathanjali Ayurveda
4. What is the rank of India in Global Innovation Index - 2016? 66th (First – Switzerland)
5. Who is the new Prime Minister of Tunisia? Youssef Chahed (Capital – Tunis, Currency – Dinar)
6. Which state has abolished stamp duty 2% levied on immovable property while awarding the power of attorney? Punjab
7. What is the name of the mobile app launched by Union Minister of chemicals & Fertilizers Ananth Kumar which shows the MRP fixed by NPPA for various scheduled drugs? Pharma Sahi Daam
8. BRICS Women Parlimentarians Forum was held in Jaipur, Rajasthan.
9. The online library launched by Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (DEPwD) - Sugamya Pustakalaya
10. Who is the new Executive Director of RBI? Sudarshan Sen (Succeeded N.S.Vishwanathan)
11. Which is the first state to distribute 2 crore LED bulbs under the Unnat Jyoti by Affordable LEDs for All (UJALA) Scheme? Gujarat
12. Gurgaon city has now officially renamed as Gurugram. In which state is the city located? Haryana
13. Which company has been granted prestigious membership of Asia – Pacific Aerospace Quality Group (APAQG) under ‘full member with voting rights’ ? Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
14. 2017 G-20 summits is to be held in Hamburg, Germany.
15. The UN Charter, the seminal treaty of the United Nations, has now been translated in Sanskrit.
16. What is the rank of India in Global Competitiveness Index - 2016? 39th ( First – Switzerland )
17. Association of South East Asian Nations (ASEAN) summit was held in Vientiane (Capital of Laos)
18. International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) has awarded Heritage Heros Award to Bibhuti Lahkar
19. With which country Germany has signed agreement on Vocational Training between MSDE and German International Co-operation ? India
20. India has inked 7.87 billion Euro deal to buy Rafale Fighter Jets with which country? France
21. WHO certified which country as yaws and maternal & neonatal tetanus free ? India
22. Which country is certified by WHO as malaria free? Sri Lanka
23. What is the theme of 2016 G-20 Summit held in Hangzhou, China? Toward an innovative invigorated interconnected and inclusive world economy.
24. Who is the President of Singapore? Tony Tan (PM - Lee Hsien Loong, Currency – Dollar)
25. UN agency has repored India as the world’s top exporter of Information and Communication Technology.
26. Who is the head of WHO? Margaret Chan (Head Quarters - Geneva, Switzerland)
27. The maiden Joint Disaster Management Exercise named ‘Prakampana’ ( Cyclone in Sanskrit) has been inaugurated at Visakhapatnam.
28. What is the full form of CEPEA? Comprehensive Economic Partnership in East Asia
29. Subhankar Pramanick is associated with which sports? Shooting
30. IRDAI imposed penalty of Rs.10 lakh on SBI Life Insurance for violation of various norms.
31. Who is the winner of US Open 2016 Women’s Single? Angelique Kerber (German)
32. MOBIWIKI launched one step offline payments mode called Bubble Pin
33. Who is the first women cricketer from India to be awarded an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club? Anjum Chopra
34. Who is the head of International Monetary Fund (IMF) ? Christine Lagarde (HQ – Washington)
35. Federal Bank has launched its second Federal Skill Academy recently in Tamilnadu.
36. India’s first Coastal Industrial Corridor between Visakhapatnam and Chennai.
37. Flipkart has launched its own digital wallet called PhonePe which allows users to directly transfer funds from their bank account and not to store in their mobile wallet.
38. Who is the author of the book ‘Citizen and Society’? Hamid Ansari (Vice President of India)
39. The world’s largest solar power plant recently opened at which place in Tamil Nadu? Kamuthi
40. Who was appointed as the Indian Ambassador to the United States of America? Navtej Sarna
41. The union cabinet has approved a scheme to grant PRS to foreign investors. PRS stand for – Permanent Residency Status (Note : study more about PRS)
42. National Institute of Ocean Technology is situated at which place? Chennai
43. Who is the chairman of ‘GST council’? Finance Minister
44. Devendra Jhajharia won two gold in Paralympics. He is related to which sport? - Javelin throw
45. The Guinness World Records has declared which as the largest river island in the world -Majuli, Assam
46. The joint military exercise held between India and Kazakhstan recently is – Prabal Dostyk 16
47. BRICS Convention on Tourism was held in - Khajuraho Madhya Pradesh.
48. “Skava Commerce” an e-commerce platform for retailers, has been launched by which Indian company? Infosys
49. Who is the president of World Bank ? Jim Yong Kim (Headquarters – Washington)
50. Who is the winner of Women’s Doubles Title in PAN Pacific Open 2016? Sania Mirza (India) and Barbora Strycova (Czech)