The International Airport Authority of India (IAAI) was set up in 1972 manages the international airports. J.R.D. Tata was the first to make a solo flight from Mumbai to Karachi, (Now in Pakistan) in 1931.
Following are the important International Airports :
1. Anna International Airport, Chennai.
2. Jawaharlal Nehru Airport (Santa-Cruz), Mumbai.
3. Indira Gandhi International Airport at New Delhi.
4. Subash Chandra Bose Airport (Dum-Dum) at Kolkata.
5. Rajasansi Airport at Amritsar, Punjab.
The National Airport Authority manages 88 domestic aerodromes and nearly 28 civil enclaves in which
23 are classified as major airport, 43minor and 22 as intermediate airports.
Following are some of the Inland Aerodromes :
1. Kamaraj Domestic-Chennai
2. Safdarganj-New Delhi